International Joke Day, or World Laughing Gas Day, as it is known in English, is celebrated on the first Sunday of every November. The theme of this day is to have fun and have a good time. Many events take place throughout the world on this day. International Joke Day was believed to have started in England sometime in the 1930s. It is celebrated in many countries like Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany and the United States of America.
International Joke Day was made to make people laugh and have a good time. Many people like to go to parties where they can share jokes with their friends. International Joke Day also encourages people to share their funny jokes, stories and sometimes even their irritable situations with others, so it is a perfect day to set aside all your tensions and problems and have some fun.
When is International Joke Day?
International Joke Day is celebrated on 1 July yearly, creating funny moments. But National Tell a Joke Day is observed on 16 August every Year. So, there is no difference in the meaning of keeping a critical event. This Year, 2021, the International Jokes Day will be held on Thursday, 1 July.
International Joke Day Activities
According to the organizers of International Joke Day, it is essential to start the day with good intentions and not use the day to make people laugh. They also believe that people should have nothing but good intentions on International Joke Day. The main objective of the day is to promote laughter, and people should be aware that telling jokes on any occasion is entirely harmless, and there is no reason for people to get offended. The organizers encourage people from all walks of life to participate in this great event.
On the day, people do something with jokey friends & family. Some celebrate it as the same jokey event, National Jumper Day, as this is only for the best joke event. We could do the following activities on International Joke Day.
- Arrange a live pleasure campaign.
- Support live comedy
- Ananda Mela can be organized in a short-range
- See Funny videos of Charlie Chaplin and Mr. Bean with friends and family.
- Play your favourite game
- Arrange a DJ party, etc.
Funny Messages for International Joke Day
This Year, the organizers of International Joke Day have taken it a notch higher by making the celebrations more interactive. Online chat rooms are used on the website to have a good time with friends and family members. People can also make new friends from their neighbourhood and pass on funny stories from one Year to the other. With a bit of change in the schedule, you can plan your entire Year right from the start and then share your funny stories with all the guests at the party.
- A man asked his gym instructor, “Can you make me do splits, the gym instructor asked him if he was flexible, and the man replied that he could not do Tuesdays.
- A man calls the hospital and shouts, “My wife is in labour; send help.” The nurse says,” Is it the first child?”. The man says,” It’s the husband”. Happy International Joke Day to you.
- You know you are in Canada when you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialled the wrong number. Happy International Joke Day J
- You need at least one witness to prove a murder and two witnesses to register a marriage. Now you know what is more dangerous—hilarious wishes on International Joke Day.
- Blondes enjoy driving in winter as all potholes are filled with snow, reducing the chances of accidents. Have a wonderful International Joke Day to you.
Happy International Joke Day! Wishes
Apart from sharing jokes, International Joke Day participants also perform some fun acts to entertain the crowd. Many people who don’t participate in this event often look forward to it and wait for the date to get near so that they can join in on the fun. So far, International Joke Day has seen participation from people worldwide, which is why there’s such a buzz about the event. Countries like Russia, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Singapore are expected to participate in the festivities. So, you can wish your favourite person a fun event.
- “The healthy way to live a life is with a smile….. Wishing you a year full of smiles on International Joke Day.”
- “On the occasion of International Joke Day, I am sending you warm wishes always to wear that smile and keep that laugh going!”
- Life can get complicated sometimes; we only need a good laugh to cheer us up. Let’s laugh out on this joke day by celebrating it with friends and family.
- -There is enough hatred in the world, and all we can do is spread love and happiness among people around us. So, on this joke day, let us all choose laughter and joy over hatred. Have a good time celebrating.
-Joke Day inspires us to spread happiness, laughter, and love. We celebrate this joke day by laughing out loud with our friends and family.
International Joke Day Quotes
- “Warm wishes on International Joke Day. I wish that you don’t ever get tortured with bad jokes but get treated with good ones.”
- “May International Joke Day be full of hearty laughter for you and your loved ones. Have a hilarious day ahead.”
- “Humanity has unquestionably one effective weapon-laughter, power, money, persuasion, supplication, persecution- these can lift at a colossal humbug- push it a little- weaken it a little, century by century.” ~ Mark Twain
- “I have always felt that laughter in the face of reality is probably the finest sound and will last until the day the game is called on account of darkness. “~ Linda Ellerbee
So, if you want to tell some joke on International Joke Day, all you need to do is create your website or blog where people can find your website, and you can upload your stand-up comedy shows and exchange jokes and funny words with other participants. If you’re uncomfortable uploading your website or blog, several sites like YouTube and Facebook will host your shows and allow you to upload them for public viewing.
By simply thinking up the different International Joke Day topics, you can easily create an exciting show that will surely be a big hit with the crowd.