National Friendship Day is on Sunday, August 1, marking friendship and nationhood. In the united kingdom it is usually observed on the first Sunday of August each year. It takes place on different dates around the world. National Friendship Day is an international holiday marking friendship.
It is celebrated in many countries around the globe, but the date and celebrations vary from one country to another. In the United States it falls on the third Saturday of July. The traditions that mark National Friendship Day in the United States are quite different to those of other countries. In most countries it begins with a prayer or a moment of silence. This is followed by a picnic and a display of fireworks, giving the citizens of the United States a chance to enjoy the day with family and friends. At some places, red hats are also gifted to participants.
In Canada, National Friendship Day is celebrated on the second Monday of August. There is a National Friendship Day parade that goes around the city. A banner declaring “pane eui pluperfect” is displayed on one side of the parade route, and an international guest speaker on the other side. At some place or other, fireworks are also set off.
Germany, like the United States, celebrates National Friendship Day on the third Sunday of February. This is an old tradition dating back to the middle ages. In Germany it is celebrated on the third Sunday of February as reunification day. Former enemies turn into friendly neighbors. There are parades, street parties and other methods of showing national pride.
Happy Friendship Wishes, Status, Messages
If you are planning to celebrate National Friendship Day with the whole family then you should make a special plan in advance. You can choose an activity that the whole family can enjoy. That would be great fun. The National Friendship Day is a good opportunity to show your love and affection to your friends and if you have children they would appreciate it even more.
- 99 Bible Verses remind us of great friendships in the Bible. The Bible Verses remind us of the blessing we have in the friendships around us. V. Ashiedu, Bible Verses on Friendship
- The Miracle of Friendship – There is a miracle called friendship that dwells within the heart and you don’t know how it happens or when it gets to start. . . But the happiness it brings you always gives a special lift, and you realize that friendship. . . is God’s most precious gift! Author Unknown
- There are times in our life when we realize how blessed we are from the friendships we have formed over the years, graduations and retirements often remind us of this. Kate Summers
- Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 (NLT)
Happy Friendship Day to all of you! May our friendship always remains the same.
Happy friendship day to all the friends who care for us, love us, and inspire us without any condition!
Happy friendship day to all my friends near and far. Wishing you all a great time celebrating this happy occasion.
- A friend is not a best friend until they start insulting you on a daily basis.
- Hugs and more hugs are sent to you my special friend wishing you much happiness.
- Side by side or miles apart, You will always be close to my heart! Happy Friendship Day to the friend who taught me the meaning of friendship.
Happy Friendship Quotes
There are many ways to celebrate National Friendship Day. There is no specific recipe for that special day so whatever ideas you have in mind, you should try to incorporate them. You can enjoy the day by sending the following quotes to your friends online and offline.
“Friendship… is not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” – Muhammad Ali”Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them… your smile, your hope, and your courage.” – Doe Zantamata
“On this Friendship Day keep in mind the power of your smile, it is the first step in making new friends.” – Catherine Pulsifer
“Silence makes a real conversation between friends. Not the saying, but the never needing to say that counts.” – Margaret Lee Runbeck
“Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” – Anais Nin
“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare
“Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” (Muhammad Ali)
“Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joy, and dividing our grief.” – Joseph Addison
Happy Friendship Day Wallpaper, Picture, Banner & Card
The National Friendship Day is a great way to let your male friend know how much you care about him. It’s also a great way to tell your female friends that they are your only love. There is no better way to let someone know that he/she is your best friend than to give him/her a token. So next time you see your male friend sign the card, know that you are the best friend ever. You can send the following item of Happy Friendship Day Wallpaper, Picture, Banner & Card to your friend on the day.