Start with the great mercy of God & the 552nd birthday of Nanak. Guru Nanak’s Jayanti- 2021: Importance Question & Answer are available here. Sometimes we should need to know about some person who is immortal in the world. Today we are proving to inform you of Guru Nanak Jayanti or Nanak’s birthday. Guru Nanak is one of the great men in the world. Sacrificing the content Guru Nanak, we decorated the content. By reading the content gradually, you have gathered much knowledge that could be applied for your exams both in written & Viva-voce.
Anyway, the birthday of Nanak’s is one of the most important births throughout the world. The day is observed not only in India but also in other countries. There is no fixed date to observed Guru Nanak’s Prakash Utsav or Guru Nanak’s Jayanti.
Generally, Guru Nanak Jayanti holds in November every year by the Bikrami calendar. This year 2020, the day is observing to remember Gurpurab in the Shikhim Religion people who live in India and the rest of the world on 30 November. The day is one of the most important days by the birth. On the other hand, It is a festival holiday in India.
History & Background
Guru Nanak, the founder of Sikhism, was born on Puranmashi of Kattak in 1469 in Rai-Bhoi-di Talwandi in the present Shekhupura District of Pakistan. Guru Nanak is the first person or founder to build the Sikhism religion.
We added a Vani according to Wikipedia that- “Yak arj guftam pesh to dar, gosh koon Kartaar| Hakka Kabir karim tu, beaeb Parvardigaar|| Nanak bugoyad jan tura, tere chaakra paakhaak”- (Rag”Tilang” Mehla 1, page 721)
People are observed the auspicious day by the Full Moon Day (Pooranmashi or Purnima) of the Lunar Month Kartik every year with a lot of cheers.
When Guru Nanak Dev Ji out of 10 great men established Sikhism, people celebrating the day with more respect.
As Guru Nanak is the founder of Sikhism, people around the world remind him at least in November by the tradition of Sikhism.
Activities for Guru Nanak’s Jayanti
You know that a day could promote by observing or activities. Someone doesn’t know how to do on the Guru Nanak’s Jayanti. As the day is a festival, we should know more about Guru Nanak to better observing the day for Sikhism as well as learn more for people.
Guru Nanak’s Jayanti gives a lot of pleasure to any kind of Sikhs. We have decorated the activities with the tradition of Sikhism as well as the Guru Granth Sahib ( The Holy Book of Sikhism ).
- Tell your children the story behind celebrating Guru Nanak Jayanti.
- Dress up your children in new traditional clothes and offer the prayers (Ardaas) at the Gurudwara Sahib.
- Along with them, read the verses and hymns from the holy Sri Guru Granth Sahib.
- Gether to respect to Guru Nanak
- Visit any historic place
- Collect more items of food
- Invite someone to meet a party with dance
- Gift to a favorite person
- Decorate a home or street with flags and banners
- Use mock battles traditional weapons
Why the Day is Important?
Guru Nanak’s Jayanti is as important as other religious festivals like Eid-Ul- Adha for Islam and Durga Puja for Hindu as well as Thanksgiving Day. As a result, the day is one of the most important events around the world.
There are more reasons to say the day is important including-
- Shiks are celebrating the day with festival co-curriculum activities in India as well as Pakistan
- The day shows useful things to people
- People who want to know about the great man
- The day is observed with tradition
- Opportunities to enjoy
- Guru Nanak is a well-known person around the world.
- People interest to know more about Guru Nanak
- For mock battles traditional weapons
Therefore, Guru Nanak’s Birth is one of the most beautiful births in the world. The day is not only for celebrating but also for knowledge.
Times of Guru Nanak’s Jayanti 2021
We included real-time to observe the glorious day. Times of Guru Nanak’s Jayanti is available here for this year in 2021 is-
Actually, the date starts on the late night of 19th November 2021
- Purnima Tithi Begins – 12:47 PM on Nov 19, 2021
- Purnima Tithi Ends – 02:59 PM on Nov 20, 2021
The previous & next years times-
|2019||Tue||12 Nov||Guru Nanak Jayanti||Gazetted Holiday|
|2020||Mon||30 Nov||Guru Nanak Jayanti||Gazetted Holiday|
|2021||Fri||19 Nov||Guru Nanak Jayanti||Gazetted Holiday|
|2022||Tue||8 Nov||Guru Nanak Jayanti||Gazetted Holiday|
In conclusion, Guru Nanak’s Jayanti or Gurpurav as observance most in India & Pakistan on the other hand, All support & inspire to observe the day worldwide. Thanks for giving your valuable time to read gradually the content.