Friendship Day is celebrated all over the world on different days. It usually happens on the 30th of July, usually on a public holiday. Friendship Day is an internationally acclaimed international festival celebrating friendship. It was started by the English when they decided to celebrate their friendship and their association with each other on that special day. It is a public holiday in UK, US and Australia.
The popularity of Friendship Day is increasing day by day. There are many countries which celebrate the day on different dates. On this day, the people send friendship day wishes to their friends, family members, classmates and relatives on various different dates. Some of the popular places where people celebrate Friendship Day are Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, United States, and New Zealand.
Friendship Day Wishes are sent by children as well as adults. They write their true friend wishes to their classmates, friends, relatives or parents on this special occasion. The kids write their happiest wish to their parents on this special day. On the first Sunday of August, the children get together for the distribution of friendship day wishes to all their friends and relatives. After distributing these gifts, children enjoy the day with their parents and friends.
Happy Friendship Quotes / Status
You may see several friendship day wishes posted on the walls of houses, restaurants, educational institutions, shopping malls, post offices, railway stations, cinema halls and any other place. The occasion is getting more popular. In fact, apart from sending friendship day wishes through emails, SMS and social networking sites; you can also use your camera to capture some true images of the festival. Friendship Day images can be a great way to cheer up a sick person. You can use our friendship quotes to enjoy the auspicious day.
- “Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.” — Thomas J. Watson
- “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” — Elisabeth Foley
- “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” — Anais Nin
- “Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.” — Tennessee Williams
- “They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” — Carl W. Buechner
- “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” — Amy Poehler
- “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” — Audrey Hepburn
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart.” — Helen Keller
- “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” — Dumbledore
Happy Friendship Quotes for Best Friends
Friendship Day Wishes are also celebrated on the first week of August. On this day, people present their flowers to their dear friends, family members and neighbors. These days, people collect photos of their loved ones who have passed away and send it to their friends and relatives. Some of the photographs can be placed along with a note from the sender, which says how much he/she is missing and how much they are appreciated. Friendship Day is also celebrated on the first week of the August to remember the departed. So, now you can enjoy the day with your best friends to sending the following quotes.
- “I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.” — Helen Keller
- “True friends are never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart.” — Helen Keller
- “No friendship is an accident.” — O. Henry
- “Sometimes being with your best friend is all the therapy you need.” — Unknown
- “Friends are the siblings God never gave us.” — Mencius
- “True friends are like diamonds — bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style.” — Nicole Richie
- “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” — Thomas Aquinas
- “Friends are the family you choose.“ — Jess C. Scott
- “Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” — Misty Copeland
- “A sweet friendship refreshes the soul.” — Proverbs 27:9
Friendship Day is celebrated differently in United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Sweden and in many other parts of the world. The time for greeting and wishing each other on this special day varies in different countries as well. Friendship Day is usually celebrated on the second Saturday of the month of August in United States. On the other hand, it occurs on different dates throughout the year in various parts of the world.